The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lead Maintenance Technician
Night Shift – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 645pm to 7am alternating Tuesdays 645pm to 3am
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for leading all maintenance activities on the shift, training and mentoring the junior maintenance technicians, coordinating with production leadership to fulfill productions maintenance needs, relay and enforce the Autumn Harp work rules and the expectations of the Maintenance Supervisor in his absence. Advanced trouble shooting, maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of all filling and packaging machinery and systems. Must be able to evaluate, set-up, test, and improve packaging process and designs. The ability to analyze engineering technology, product specification needs, and testing procedures from planning to fulfillment review is required.
- Mentors and trains the other technicians on shift.
- Installs, repairs, adjusts, overhauls, and maintains packaging machinery and associated equipment in good working order. Performs maintenance duties on the packaging line when the line is running, as necessary.
- Provide technical support for high-speed packaging line equipment both mechanically and electrically.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and correct a variety of different technologies and equipment such as: tube filling, blister sealing, shrink wrapping, cream/lotion filling, hot dosing, labeling, component sorting, cartoners, casepackers, palletizers, and robotics.
- Proven ability to diagnose technical problems with and without schematics/drawings.
- Ensure all work meets all quality and safety standards while adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of all machinery and equipment.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of experience within an industrial setting using filling and packaging equipment.
- College’s degree in technical field preferred, not required.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in filling and packaging operations
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and how/where they interconnect.
- Equipment Analysis, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills.
- Industrial automation controls experience is a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to meet all internal and external customer needs.
E2 Shift – Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am – 7:00pm
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the main responsibilities for this position are to manage, prep and prepare all materials for production. Must be able to perform all duties and meet qualifications of a Production Operator as it would require working on the line. Must be able to pass a baseline assessment; handle 50 lbs. routinely, 75 lbs. occasionally; ability to stand for long periods on a regular basis, and able to climb ladders safely.
• Meet with previous shifts bulk handler and Team Leads to determine and discuss the status of current and approaching orders as they pertain to bulk.
• Consult all available resources to prioritize and plan:
o Pouring record
o Day By Hour sheet
o Machine Operators
o All Team Leads
o Batchroom Kettle VNC
o Batchroom Team Lead
o VNC Production board
o Labor Planner
• At the end of the shift, meet with the next shift bulk handler and cross shift team leader to exchange information.
• Routinely check the temperature for all heated bulk
• Shop for all needed Bulk
• Keep all bulk BIN locations up to date with their physical locations
• Check for testing and approval results for required bulk
• Ensure all flavor and color checks are completed
• Keep the VNC board updated throughout the shift
• Fill out bulk pre-event sheets
• Make sure all upcoming orders have all the appropriate equipment assembled and sanitized
• Ensure all cleaning logs have been updated to include relevant data
• Ensure Bulk-Pallet worksheets are up to date
• Work in a safe and diligent manner to make sure company guidelines are met
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• General computer proficiency
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to multitask and troubleshoot issues as they arise
• Timely decision-making and responsiveness
• Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
• Possess solid reading and math skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.
We seek a qualified candidate to join our Supply Chain Team with experience in purchasing materials for manufacturing of consumer goods. This person should be an expert in maintaining vendor relationships, cost negotiations, project management and expediting.
Duties include forging supplier partnerships, procuring goods at the lowest overall cost, working closely in a team environment to assure materials are available for production as scheduled, produce and expedite purchase orders through receipt, adhering to quality standards and following ethical purchasing practices.
Applicants must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while prioritizing multiple purchasing duties, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative thinking and problem identifying and solving skills, be attentive to detail, and work productively both independently and as part of a team. Experience with sourcing and purchasing of personal care materials preferred.
• 5 years of experience in procurement of goods and services, with a minimum of 3 years of proven experience as an effective purchasing agent, including strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Expertise in supply chain management concepts, such as identifying and eliminating redundant costs and non-value added procedures
• Ability to keep all vendor contact information, costs and lead times updated in the system at all times
• Proficient in MRP and Excel
• Degree in business and/or Certified Purchasing Professional designation or equivalent experience, or working towards these requirements
E2 Shift; Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:30am to 7:00pm
The Team Leader will report to the Shift Supervisor and perform duties as assigned that include: meeting the daily manufacturing schedule, helping associates with specific duties, solving problems, and communicating daily manufacturing information to the production teams. The Team Leader needs to be familiar with machinery and equipment; able to trouble-shoot as necessary and as directed. Good listening and leadership skills, as well as good follow through characterize this position. Leads by example and represents manufacturing mission “to make quality products and provide outstanding service”.
• Review production paperwork daily, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
• Maintains and adheres to all safety rules and reports safety issues.
• Ensure team meets or exceed all quality expectations
• Review daily schedule with a mindset towards success.
• Drive to meet improvement targets for these crucial areas: units per labor hour measure, defect per opportunity measure, and downtime or OEE measure.
• Ensure that all required work associated with your team is covered on a daily basis.
• Relay changes and information to the team members.
• Facilitate/Coach new process changes.
• Exemplify the “can do” attitude with suggestions which are a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.
• Communicate work standards to production and track results.
• Arrange and complete training with all new hires, both regular and temporary employees.
• Advises Supervisor when disciplinary action is warranted.
• Coaches team members on attitude, productivity and interpersonal skills.
• Support Operational Excellence program by doing audits and actively being part of a OE Pillar.
Skills and Experience required:
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to motivate and train all skill levels
• Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
• Mechanical inclination and aptitude
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and excellent follow
• Previous experience in a GMP environment and Lean manufacturing, a plus.
E3 Shift - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 7:00pm to 7:00am
E4 Shift - Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Our Compounders are responsible for making batches of our formulations. The ideal candidates will be quality-minded, dependable, have a positive and team oriented attitude with strong problem solving abilities. Compounders ensure that all products are batched according to the manufacturing instructions provided.
Essential Job Requirements:
- 2-3 years of experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic chemistry or food science.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 30lbs frequently, and up to 75lbs occasionally
- Able to work around hot pour perfumes and fragrances on a daily basis
- Have normal hearing and vision with the ability to discern colors
- Above average reading and math skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing environment is a plus